Wiki HC Px codes

Murdock15

New
Best answers
Good morning everyone,
I'm pretty new to the whole coding aspect as I only do front desk, claim type work. I work for an urgent care facility and we have an occupational health aspect where we have pre employment patients. We do anywhere from drug screens, DOT physicals, Work Comps, and other pre employment visits. For these pre employment visits we use the I-10 Z codes. My question lies in the HC procedure codes. For example; HC011 is coded for our DOT physicals, HC001 for basic physicals, HC204 for flu vaccine, etc. I'm very unfamiliar with these Px codes and can't seem to find them in my books. Granted my coding books are an older addition, however, I can't seem to find anything about them or where I can find a list to reference to. Any information on theses codes would be extremely helpful! Thank you in advance to anyone willing to share the wisdom!

I'm wondering if these are codes for internal use only by the clinic as pre-employment services are typically not billed to insurance.
These codes are only used when billing companies as well as a few patient direct billing(i.e. self pay for some drug screens and DOT physicals). The medical company I am under is nation wide however, this could be specific to US/state I resign in. Oklahoma to be specific.