Answer Healthy Blue of NC (Medicaid Replacement - HMO)

Best answers
Good Morning and thanks in advance for any help. Our new Managed Medicaid Healthy Blue claims are being denied looking for the original Medicaid Number. Availity seems to need this number for any inquiries. All of our registration is online and the patients do not know the original Medicaid number. Any ideas on how to obtain the original numbers which are needed on the claims. Thanks..

Their insurance card has both an identification number and a member ID. The identification number is the original Medicaid number and the member ID is the BCBS ID with an alpha prefix. We were told the alpha prefix for Healthy Blue is GJN. Using the BCBS ID, you should be able to pull up the patient and view the insurance card in Availity. Our patients enter their own information online as well and it is a nightmare without a copy of the insurance card.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help and sharing this information. I will give it a shot, thanks again. Online registration definitely a challenge!!

Hello and thanks again for your help. The only number we have is their Medicaid recipient ID. with no copy of Healthy Blue Card or number. Any thoughts on how to acquire??

In my original question I misspoke, we have the original ID and cannot access the healthy blue number and don't have the cards. Sorry about that. Thanks again