Wiki Help coding CABG's

Best answers
Hello, I've taken over coding for Cardio/Thoracic and Vascular surgery a few months ago and I am still not confident that I am coding the CABG's correctly. The example below is how my doctor documents it, and then I will post the codes I used. Any feedback is appreciated.
EX:

1644260273479.png
The codes I chose are 33510 & 33521. I have watched YouTube videos, read articles, etc. and it seems too simplified compared to how my doctor documents. I'm not sure if my line of thought is on track and I am just over thinking it or if I am completely off base. Again, any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

Hello, I've taken over coding for Cardio/Thoracic and Vascular surgery a few months ago and I am still not confident that I am coding the CABG's correctly. The example below is how my doctor documents it, and then I will post the codes I used. Any feedback is appreciated.
EX:

View attachment 5690
The codes I chose are 33510 & 33521. I have watched YouTube videos, read articles, etc. and it seems too simplified compared to how my doctor documents. I'm not sure if my line of thought is on track and I am just over thinking it or if I am completely off base. Again, any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.
I am not an expert on this at all, but when looking at 33521, it looks like you need a primary code 1st- 33533-33536. I hope someone can get back to you soon!

EX:

View attachment 5690
33533, 33519 & 33508,59 or XS modifier