• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

HELP! CPC in need of a job

theresa pugh

Best answers
:confused: I have had the CPC credential since October 2006, with no success in finding a job. Every opening requires a 2 year college level coding course. I took an accelerated PMCC course approved by the AAPC given by a clinic where I was employed. I took the CPC exam 3 months later and passed the first time. My experience is assuring cpt and icd-9 codes correspond for medical necessity prior to scheduling exams for 12 years. This is not considered prior coding experience to any position I apply for, but it was accepted by the AAPC and I was given CPC instead of CPC-A. Any suggestions ? Any help ?

kmpiper

New
Best answers
Can you travel?

Hi,

It sounds like you have a lot of experience, do you have the desire to travel? I am a consultant and work full time, I travel and love it. Certified since 2001 but 13 years in the business. There is some high demand for traveling coders and some demand for remote.

Karen
kwortmann@charter.net

JENEENHARRIS

Best answers
Reply To Can You Travel

I would like to find out more regarding the travel opportunity. How long
is the travel? I'm in San Antonio. How can I contact the hiring office?