Wiki Help for place of service question.

Best answers
I have a question on Place of service code, when the patient is an inpatient and the psychologist who is not the employee of the hospital does psychological testing what should be the place of service code? He provides the service in the hospital vicinity. Please help! Thanks in advance.

place of service 51
Inpatient Psychiatric Facility A facility that provides inpatient psychiatric services for the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness on a 24-hour basis, by or under the supervision of a physician.

Thank you for your response. But the provider is performing the evaluation in the Hospital and not the Psychiatric facility. Thanks in advance.

Hello! I was looking for an answer to my own place of service code question. The PCP that I bill out Medicare Part B service for went to one of the local Assisted Living Facilities to see a new patient over there. I'm pretty sure that if the patient is seen at the Assisted Living then the POS code would be 13, right? Not Home (12) because the patients is a resident of the Assisted Living facility. Can you help me confirm what (I thought) I already knew.

POS Question

All places of service should be coded to where the service was provided regardless of the provider and/or whom he is employed by.

Robyn

Actually the POS is where the patient is registered regardless of where the actual service took place so if the patient is a registered inpatient the the POS is 21 even if the service took place in the physician office.

POS 11 vs 53

Hello I was looking for an answer to my POS question. The RBHA in AZ has retro'd back to 10/1/13 all Provider Type 77 must be billed with POS 53. This leads me to ask should all Behavioral Health office charges be billed with POS 11 or POS 53.