Wiki Help! I need a cpt code!

nlaaron

Networker
Best answers
:confused: Ok, a dr ligated the vulva artery with one suture due to post op bleeding after removing the bartholins gland. I am not sure what cpt code to use for this. I code for anesthesia and my dr used 00940 as the ASA code, however this seems to me to be a vascular procedure, but the cpt code I come up with is for an unlisted procedure for vascular surgery, 37799, my issue is that the only ASA code that comes close is for repair of blood vessels in the lower abdomen and I don't think the vuvla is considered part of the abdomen. So I am not sure what to use? any suggestions?:confused:

To the best of my recollection, if the bleeding is caused from the surgery performed then you cannot bill it separately.

I'm billing out for the anesthesiologist, not the surgeon, and I have to have a cpt code attached to my ASA. Also my understanding was if the pt had to return to surgery during the global period, it requires either a 78 or 79. So, I still need to know what cpt code this procedure qualifies for. Thanks.:)