• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Help! ICD-9 Code needed

Valerie813

Networker
Best answers
I code for an Anesthesia group. I have been getting stuck on my OB consults for patients who have had issues with past pregnancies such as difficult spinal or epidural placement. I cannot find a diagnosis code to fit that situation. There is adverse affects of anesthesia, but this is not an adverse affect of the drug itself, just placement. Help!!!

Best answers
if the procedure not carried out then V64.1 or V64.2 or v64.3
if the procedure carried out with difficulty, then no dx for this

I code for an Anesthesia group. I have been getting stuck on my OB consults for patients who have had issues with past pregnancies such as difficult spinal or epidural placement. I cannot find a diagnosis code to fit that situation. There is adverse affects of anesthesia, but this is not an adverse affect of the drug itself, just placement. Help!!!