Wiki Help please asap procedural codes neoplasms ct and path.

darmandahl

Best answers
WHAT AM I NOT GETTING HERE? READY TO PULL MY HAIR OUT!

Lung & Skin Cancer – Neoplasms Treatment of secondary site: When a patient is admitted because of a primary neoplasm with metastasis and treatment is directed toward the secondary site only, the secondary neoplasm is designated as the principal diagnosis even though the primary malignancy is still present.
Admission diagnosis: Lung mass

Discharge diagnosis: Metastatic amelanotic melanoma to the lung CT Impression: A staging CT of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis reveals a single 4 cm lobulated mass lesion in the left lower lobe of the lung. No further abnormalities are noted. Pathology Report: Lung mass confirmed to be amelanotic melanoma on biopsy.

Apply the correct procedural codes: I GOT 32608 BUT I HAVE BEEN TOLD I AM STILL MISSING ONE, WHAT?? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION PLEASE.

THIS IS ALL THERE IS TO THE QUESTION, I DIDN'T LEAVE ANYTHING OFF BUT I HAVE BEEN TOLD THERE SHOULD BE TWO CODES TOTAL

Lung & Skin Cancer – Neoplasms Treatment of secondary site: When a patient is admitted because of a primary neoplasm with metastasis and treatment is directed toward the secondary site only, the secondary neoplasm is designated as the principal diagnosis even though the primary malignancy is still present.

Discharge diagnosis: Metastatic amelanotic melanoma to the lung CT Impression: A staging CT of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis reveals a single 4 cm lobulated mass lesion in the left lower lobe of the lung. No further abnormalities are noted. Pathology Report: Lung mass confirmed to be amelanotic melanoma on biopsy.

Apply the correct procedural codes: I GOT 32608 BUT I HAVE BEEN TOLD I AM STILL MISSING ONE, WHAT?? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION PLEASE.

THIS IS ALL THERE IS TO THE QUESTION, I DIDN'T LEAVE ANYTHING OFF BUT I HAVE BEEN TOLD THERE SHOULD BE TWO CODES TOTAL

You say you got 32608, but there is no documentation of a thoracoscopy being performed so much that code is not a possible choice. The only thing you have indicated is CT scans. So I am curious as to how you arrived at a code for thoracoscopy with a biopsy.