Wiki Help Please IVUS 37252

Best answers
Is anyone getting these paid? I have tried to no avail to get the primary code for this code 37252 but it's category II and is determined by the payor which could mean anything.

per the cpt instructions this is an add on to any therapeutic intervention, stents, athrectomy etc. There are 4 code that is cannot be billed with 37191, 37192 37193 37197. I do not have any payment info but you may just need to appeal.

Is anyone getting these paid? I have tried to no avail to get the primary code for this code 37252 but it's category II and is determined by the payor which could mean anything.

Were you ever successful in getting any thru? We are having the same problem with this new code and our MAC won't publish what they think is acceptable as primary codes. Granted, the same procedures were done last year prior to the CPT change and they paid just fine. I've got one out to our second level contractor but I'm not holding my breath. This is part of a TAVR workup and that did not change, but now they decide to get all weird about it. Just wondered your status with these.....