Wiki Help please with procedure code

IRISHCODER

Networker
Best answers
I would greatly appreciate your help with this Op Report. I'm not sure which CPT code is best to represent what the surgeon did. The DX is External Snapping Hip. The notes states:
A longitudinal incision was made over the greater trochanter. The skin ws incised with a #15 blade. It was carried down through subcutaneous tissue. Hemostasis was obtained with electrocautery. The IT band was then identified and cleared from the soft tissues. Self-retaining retractors were placed. The IT was then split in line with the working incision. It was then pie crusted on both the anterior and posterior leafs, lengthening and releasing the tension. There was significant thickened bursa that was encountered. This was circumferentially excised with rotation of the hip. No further pathologic tissue remained. With motion there was no significant tautness or other abnormality. It was felt tha the IT band had been lengthened and the pressure taken off adequately. The wound was then copiously irrigated with antibiotic solution.......
:confused:
Thanks for any help you can give me!!