Wiki help please

donna3679

Contributor
Best answers
I really need help with this one: The doctor stated he excised a chronic sinus tract in the groin because of chronic drainage. Every thing I find relates to nasal. Please help if anyone has heard of this or if you know the code.:eek:

Often times I bill 13160, and 15002. For excision and repair of sinus tracts. It would depend on if it was from a previous old incision.

Melissa-CPC

I believe you need to be looking under "fistula repair", sometime referred to as a "sinus tract".....since you provided limited info, this might point you in the right direction.

Jennifer
ENT CT

Colonoscopy screening

I have a question regarding billing consults for colon screening. I'm new to general surgery and this doc does a lot of colonoscopies. He will bill a consult with the dx code of V76.51. This is not being covered, would I use a V68.89 as a primary code followed by the V76.51? Thanks!:eek: Gina

Consult & colonoscopy

If the patient is being sent to your physician specifically to have a colonoscopy, then there is NO consultation. You might have a new patient visit depending on if this is a significantly separate E/M from the procedure (colonoscopy). The RVUs for the procedure include the work of a usual evaluation of the patient commensurate with the requirements of the procedure.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC