Wiki HELP! Professor told me is was ok to tape notes in CPT Book

Aksagert

Best answers
Hello! I'm taking my CPC exam on December 17th, and have just completed a course at Macomb Community College. I was told by my professor that we were allowed to glue or tape in notes into our books as long nothing fell out if they turned our book upside down and shook it. She said if there were post it notes or loose paper they would take it, but anything glued or tape was ok. I was told by someone else that that wasn't allowed, and I looked on the AAPC website and it said it wasn't allowed but have already taped a few notes into my book, what am I suppose to do?! What will they do if they find the notes? Will I get turned away or will they just rip the page out? There are only 2 pages with taped in notes on them but I can't take them out without destroying the page. I just want to know what will happen if I show up to the exam with them in my book; will they just rip out the pages or will I be disqualified and sent home? I don't want to risk not being able to take the exam!! HELP!!

You can write in the book, but absolutely nothing taped or glued.

Hope this helps.

You can write in the book, but absolutely nothing taped or glued.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I just wish I would have known prior to taping in my notes. The professor who told me was the one teaching my Medical Coding class, I didn't think to question her because she was teaching us how to code and prepare for the exam. Im going to have to buy a new book before the exam, I don't want to risk being disqualified.

save your book by carefully cutting around the notes.

If you have an xacto blade or knife you can try to cut out your notes with the xacto blade. There will still be some tape left on your book but hopefully you used clear tape. I hope this helps. Good luck on your exam!

Last edited:
If you have an xacto blade or knife you can try to cut out your notes with the xacto blade. There will still be some tape left on your book but hopefully you used clear tape. I hope this helps. Good luck on your exam!

Thank you so much!! I will definitely give this a try! I used clear packing tape, it's near impossible to get off the pages because they are so thin, but I hadn't thought of using an xacto knife!