• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Help...psychiatric Billing

chrislyn1977

Networker
Best answers
Hi there,
If anyone knows of good reliable reference material for psychiatric/mental health billing please let me know. I'll use books or websites. This specialty is very new to me so any help is appreciated. Thanks. :)

deyoung

Guru
Best answers
Ingenix has a "Behavioral Health Services Coding and Payment Guide." I also like "CPT Handbook for Psychiatrists Third Edition" - you can find through the APA website or Amazon. You'll find the resources for our specialty are very scarce :( . I also like to look up LCDs on CMS.

Donna :)

Best answers
question

For Psychiatric Inpatient Coding, when do we use the 99223 vs the 90801? Also for subsequent visits, when so we use the regular subsequent visits vs the 90816 - 90822?