Wiki Help with 65855 SLT Inferior/Superior

Lorisuet74

Best answers
I have a physician who is performing SLT's (65855) on BOTH Inferior and Superior on the same day. I've done my due diligence but still come up confused. It is my opinion that separate procedures can not be billed. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it can be billed separately can anyone explain how to do so for physician and the facility?

I have a physician who is performing SLT's (65855) on BOTH Inferior and Superior on the same day. I've done my due diligence but still come up confused. It is my opinion that separate procedures can not be billed. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it can be billed separately can anyone explain how to do so for physician and the facility?

Trabeculoplasty over multiple sessions
CPT Assistant, March 2003 Page: 23 Category:

Eye and Ocular Adnexa/ Surgery

Question:

We have a patient that is coming in for the second laser trabeculoplasty treatment in a series of three treatments. We have already billed code 65855 for the first treatment. Should we report the second and third treatments using 65855 and the modifier '-76' for repeat procedure by the same physician?

AMA Comment:

Code 65855, Trabeculoplasty by laser surgery, one or more sessions (defined treatment series), is intended to represent all treatment sessions performed in a given treatment series. Therefore, code 65855 should be reported one time only for the complete series, even though the treatment sessions may occur on separate dates of service.