Wiki Help with a CPT surgery code??

carfre21

New
Best answers
I need help trying to figure out a CPT code for a procedure that one of my Dr.'s did... He says in the op note.. Ultrasound guided needle localization and excision of mass in the right lower quadrant? I was thinking 22902? But not completely sure. He goes on to say in the note, "A knife was used to make an incision take it down as far as possible. Cautery was then used to take down the subcutaneous tissues. An are around the mas was excised with cautery." Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!!

I need help trying to figure out a CPT code for a procedure that one of my Dr.'s did... He says in the op note.. Ultrasound guided needle localization and excision of mass in the right lower quadrant? I was thinking 22902? But not completely sure. He goes on to say in the note, "A knife was used to make an incision take it down as far as possible. Cautery was then used to take down the subcutaneous tissues. An are around the mas was excised with cautery." Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!!
Without more information your guess on this is probably correct. Not sure about the ultrasound guided part as the mass was excised rather than a device placed to locate the mass - or that may have been described and you just have not included a description of that part of the procedure. If it is documented you can also report 76942.