Wiki help with a dx please

D04.4 would be incorrect as this is documented neither in situ nor as a carcinoma of the skin.

Per the 2020 ICD-10 guidelines, 'consistent with' should be treated as an uncertain diagnosis, which means you could code this as a secondary malignancy of the lymph node of the neck (C77.0) if you are coding an inpatient facility claim, but not if you are coding outpatient or professional services. If that's the case, I would recommend a query to the provider for confirmation of this, but if that's not possible and you can only go from what you have documented here, I would code this C96.9 - Malignant neoplasm of lymphoid, hematopoietic and related tissue, unspecified.

D04.4 would be incorrect as this is documented neither in situ nor as a carcinoma of the skin.

Per the 2020 ICD-10 guidelines, 'consistent with' should be treated as an uncertain diagnosis, which means you could code this as a secondary malignancy of the lymph node of the neck (C77.0) if you are coding an inpatient facility claim, but not if you are coding outpatient or professional services. If that's the case, I would recommend a query to the provider for confirmation of this, but if that's not possible and you can only go from what you have documented here, I would code this C96.9 - Malignant neoplasm of lymphoid, hematopoietic and related tissue, unspecified.

Approximate Synonyms dx code of D04.4 from the ICD10 manual is description below.
Cancer in situ, skin of scalp
  • Carcinoma in situ of skin of neck
  • Carcinoma in situ of skin of scalp
  • Intraepidermal squamous carcinoma of neck
  • Intraepidermal squamous carcinoma of scalp
  • Squamous cell carcinoma in situ, skin of neck
  • Squamous cell carcinoma in situ, skin of scalp
However it has grown cancer or metastize so would add dx code C77 as Thomas,true blue suggest.
I hope this helps
Lady T:cool: