Wiki Help with Definitive Drug Testing codes

AimeeA10

Best answers
Hi, I'm in Alabama under Cahaba's jurisdiction. The policy that applies to quantitative testing is currently only in draft status but is still helpful to a degree.
I am trying to figure out what code they are wanting us to bill for THC, pregabalin, and Carisoprodol. They reference a 83789 code, but we aren't just performing mass spec, we are doing liquid chromatography with mass spec so I don't think that code matches. They also suggest using 84999 unlisted laboratory procedure. I am sure I am not the only one who despises having to use unlisted codes. I *think* have managed to sort out the other drugs we are testing for with our LC/MS but am at a loss for these three substances.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Also - if we are testing for amphetamines, methamphetmines, and MDMA - how many times do I bill the G6042? I'm thinking twice because the code says "amphetamines OR methamphetamines" but after researching these tests for months, my brain cells are fried. Should I be counting MDMA in this code or is it also another one that does not have specific code to use?

Thanks!

Last edited: