Wiki Help with DX, please.

Please review ICD-10 S33.140A or M43.5X6 to see if either of these codes fit what's documented in your op report.

I would highly suggest querying to see if the provider can addend the documentation to include a more specific diagnosis. If you're unable to query, then what about M51.26 or M48.8X6? Also, have you looked to see if the H&P has additional information about the subluxation?

When you look under the key word subluxation and then vertebral and lumbar you get the S33.140 codes. If the is doubt that this is not due to trauma or it is an old injury then you need to look further in the note. If you are coding for radiology what was submitted as the reason for the test. If you are coding for the physician performing the assessment then there must be more information in the note itself that you can use to give you a more accurate picture. Coding cannot be accomplished based on a diagnosis out of context.

Perhaps he is talking about spondylolisthesis, when there is forward or anterior displacement of the vertebrae, which would be the M43...codes? My doctors diagnosed that all the time.

I work for a Radiology company.

Subluxation = budging disc = M51 Category

Spondylolisthesis: This condition is when a vertebra slips out of place, resting on the bone below it. Which would be category M43