Wiki HELP with Expectant Mother Pre-Birth Pedicatrician Visit Exam Z Code???

Nukegirl13

Best answers
Hi Guys-I'm a student currrently on CPC Prep course. I'm on Chapter 5 and I need help with this one example provided in the lecture video. Sometimes these lecture videos don't tell you where to look in the Alphabetical Index first before they provide you with an example diagnosis code. For instance....A patient who is in her 3rd Trimester of pregnancy who visits a pediatrician to discuss her upcoming delivery and care of her child after delivery.

LECTURE MENTIONS EXAMPLE CODE Z76.81-------How would I even know what to look for in the ICD-10 CM book Alphabetical Index first to get to this code!!!!??? What word do you search for? I wish the lecture would have expanded on looking up this code. This is where the lecture videos sometimes fall short!

Since there is no "medical" reason for the visit (no patient, no "problem"), you would look in the index under "Encounter". I then looked for pediatrician and found an entry for pediatrician visit, by expectant parent(s). I then went to the code to validate that this was what I was looking for and to read any guidelines and excludes notes. Hope this helps!

Since there is no "medical" reason for the visit (no patient, no "problem"), you would look in the index under "Encounter". I then looked for pediatrician and found an entry for pediatrician visit, by expectant parent(s). I then went to the code to validate that this was what I was looking for and to read any guidelines and excludes notes. Hope this helps!

YES, this helps alot. Whenever I get to an example where I'm not sure what to look for, I make a note for further reference. Thank you so much Amanda! So nice to have this forum to have others help you.