Wiki Help with filing NDC codes for J0696 when your nurses order from a diff manufacturer

Brandy0618

Guru
Best answers
I am super confused! I am a CPC and I code for an individual pediatric practice. I am confused as to how I file our Rocephin injections (via NDC#s) when our nurses order from different manufacturer's? When our nurses place an order, if they are out of Rocephin with the manufacturer we last ordered with, they will order with a totally different one. This is very hard to be constantly changing NDC codes every time we file with different manufacturer's. What is the correct way this should be addressed? Thank you so much, Brandy

Unfortunately if the manufacturer keeps changing then the NDC will change too. there is no other way to code correctly without NDC on packaging at time of service. We have the same issue in our practice. I have asked nursing staff to put NDC in note with injection information then I don't have to keep asking them.
Sandi B. CPC, CPMA

Thank you so much. I appreciate your time.

Unfortunately if the manufacturer keeps changing then the NDC will change too. there is no other way to code correctly without NDC on packaging at time of service. We have the same issue in our practice. I have asked nursing staff to put NDC in note with injection information then I don't have to keep asking them.
Sandi B. CPC, CPMA