Wiki Help with Mental Health Billing IOP & Partial Hospitalization

Woakes73

Contributor
Best answers
Hi,
Can someone please help or direct in the direction for the IOP/partial hospitalization billing? We have a facility that is billing S0201/ Rev code 0912 with H0015/0906 on the same day. Is this allowed?

Hi,
Can someone please help or direct in the direction for the IOP/partial hospitalization billing? We have a facility that is billing S0201/ Rev code 0912 with H0015/0906 on the same day. Is this allowed?
Hello,

Unfortunately you are not able to. More than likely you'll have an auth for either PHP or IOP, but 2 levels of care cannot be billed by the same provider on the same day for the same patient. I hope that helps!

Hello,

Unfortunately you are not able to. More than likely you'll have an auth for either PHP or IOP, but 2 levels of care cannot be billed by the same provider on the same day for the same patient. I hope that helps!
Hi,

Thank you so much for your input.
Have anyone heard about ancillary hours for IOP (H0015) patients. I’m asking for Arizona in specific? We have a facility billing for H0015 and H2014 and T1016 all of these codes on the same day. The H2014 and T1016 is billed as outpatient but the H0015 is billed as IOP. Can anyone tell me if this ok?