Wiki help with NCV and EMG coding

ksw

Best answers
I am getting denials when billing the NCV and EMG together. Can someone tell me the correct way to code this. thanks in advance

Yes, please give more info...what codes billed together? What exactly is the denial? Any specific payers? Diagnoses used?

i use the 95903- 95913 depending on number of nerves and the 95885...mostly dx are 356.9, 355.5, 354.1...

that it isn't a covered service on some and then not allowed to be billed together...i just need to know how others are coding them...Do i use a 59 modifier?

that it isn't a covered service on some and then not allowed to be billed together...i just need to know how others are coding them...Do i use a 59 modifier?

If you are billing 1 unit with an NCV code (95907-95913), and 1 unit of an EMG code (95885, 95886), you should not need any modifiers, and per current CPT guidelines, yes, they can be billed together. They are billed together 99% of the time in my clinic. "Not covered"...could be that the diagnosis doesn't support medical necessity per that payer's guidelines or LCD.