Wiki Help with op note

eferris

Contributor
Best answers
Hi Everyone,

I have an op note that I'm hoping I can get some help with. The office billed out a 67904 and a 69808. I wanted to see if you agreed:

A small blepharoplasty incicion was made with a 15 blade. Skin was excised with scissors. The scissors were then used to dissect through the orbicularis muscle until the orbital septum was encountered. The septum was incised allowing pre-aponeurotic fat to prolapse. The septum was the opened for the full horizontal extent of lid. The lid aponeurosis was dissected from the overlying pre-aponeurotic fat. The anterior face of the tarsus was exposed by elevating pre-tarsal orbicularis. The lid aponeurosis was the dissected from underlying Mueller's muscle. Levator and upper portion of the incision were retracted with the Jaffe load retractor. Caliper and skin markers were used to measure 3.0 mm of tarsus and 3.0 of conjunctiva and Muller's. A 15 blade was used to incise full thickness tarsus and an on block resection of tarsus, conjunctiva and Muller's muscle were removed. Hemostatis was obtained with bipolar cautery. Interrupted 7-0 chromic sutures were used to reapproximate the upper border tarsus and inferior border of Mueller's muscle. Levator aponeurosis was then isolated and attached to the anterior face of tarsus with horizontal mattress 5-0 Vicryl suture. The skin was ciosed anteriorly with running 6-0 plain suture. The patient tolerated the procedure well. Erythromycin ointment and a light dressing were placed on the eye. The patient was brought to the recovery room in satisfactory condition.

Any help would be appreciated.