Wiki Help with PCI

Chelsea1

Guru
Best answers
I do not know which stent code to use for the following portion of this report;

Using a LIMA guiding catheter, the ostium of the LIMA graft was cannulized. A Whisper wire was introduced across the LIMA into the LAD. Predilatation of the LIMA-LAD anastomosis was performed. Drug-eluting stent was deployed across the LIMA-LAD anastomosis.

Any help would be appreciated

I do not know which stent code to use for the following portion of this report;

Using a LIMA guiding catheter, the ostium of the LIMA graft was cannulized. A Whisper wire was introduced across the LIMA into the LAD. Predilatation of the LIMA-LAD anastomosis was performed. Drug-eluting stent was deployed across the LIMA-LAD anastomosis.

Any help would be appreciated

This states "anastomosis" which leads me to think this was a bypass graft. I would need to see more of the report to be sure though. If the report doesn't state that there are bypass grafts present, I would query the provider. If this is, indeed a stent to the bypass graft then the correct code would be 92937 - Percutaneous transluminal revascularization of or through coronary bypass graft (internal mammary, free arterial, venous), any combination of intracoronary stent, atherectomy and angioplasty, including distal protection when performed; single vessel (CPT 2017, 611).