Wiki Help with pre general surg ureteral cath.

bovapj@yahoo.com

Networker
Best answers
am looking how to code this:

Our Urologist was asked by our Surgeon to place bilateral ureteral catheters to facilitate laparoscopic sigmoidectomy and avoid iatrogenic inury to the ureters during dissection of the sigmoid in the pelvic area.

"Cystourethroscopy with bilateral ureteral catheter placement to facilitate laparoscopic simoidectomy?"

I tried using the surgery reason which is Complicated Diverticulitis.
and History of perisigmoid abscess x 2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Patti :eek:

Thanks....
Am using that code...but i need an icd 9 code.

the only thing she has is complicted diverticulitis 562.10, and it wont let 52005 go with that, i get a cci edit..

Last edited:
am looking how to code this:

Our Urologist was asked by our Surgeon to place bilateral ureteral catheters to facilitate laparoscopic sigmoidectomy and avoid iatrogenic inury to the ureters during dissection of the sigmoid in the pelvic area.

"Cystourethroscopy with bilateral ureteral catheter placement to facilitate laparoscopic simoidectomy?"

I tried using the surgery reason which is Complicated Diverticulitis.
and History of perisigmoid abscess x 2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Patti :eek:

In general, because it is done to prevent injury, it is not billed separately. You would have to have some problem with the urinary system to code for the ureteral cathethers. This is sort of like surgeons checking their work after a procedure, can't bill for it .