Wiki Help with retinapathy

vmounce

Guru
Best answers
Can someone help me with this scenario below or forward to someone that can help me? Doc says to use
CPT 67227 and 66720 with diagnosis 365.63. My coding program shows they are bundled. I'm not certain if can be unbundled. I appreciate any information. I am not familar with these procedures.

POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: Neovascular glaucoma.

PROCEDURE:
1. Peripheral retinal cryo.
2. Cyclocryotherapy.

ANESTHESIA: Retrobulbar with monitored anesthesia care.

INDICATIONS: The patient has markedly elevated intraocular pressure due to neovascular glaucoma. Surgery is intended to reduce the eye pressure to improve comfort.

OPERATIVE PROCEDURE: The patient was brought to the operating room where the left eye was prepped and draped in the usual sterile ophthalmic fashion. A small conjunctival incision was made in the infranasal fornix and 5 cc of a 50:50 mixture of 1% lidocaine and 0.75% Marcaine was injected into the retrobulbar space. The conjunctiva was then reflected 360 degrees from the limbus. The rectus muscles were isolated on 2-0 silk sutures. A cryoprobe was used to apply approximately 50 applications in three rows with five in each quadrant just posterior to the muscle insertion. Cyclocryotherapy was then performed.

Three applications were applied in the inferior 180 degrees with the cryoprobe for 60 seconds at each application. The sutures were then removed from under the rectus muscles. The conjunctiva was closed with 6-0 plain suture. Sub-conjunctival injections with Kefzol and Solu-Medrol were administered. TobraDex ointment was placed in the superior fornix and a light sterile dressing was applied.

Last edited: