Wiki Help

Best answers
I NEED A CRASH COURSE ON OBGYN BILLING. IM A CPC AND CAN CODE OPERATIONS AND E/M'S. I HAVE NEVER BILLED FOR OBGYN. A co-worker is leaving and well im the best option until filled. anything specific I need to watch out for? any help appreciated. Thanks

If you have an OB/Gyn Coding Companion from Optum Coding, that will be a tremendous help. If not, get one; they're invaluable. Also, ACOG is an excellent resource for coders. Do you use Encoder Pro? that is also very helpful. Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll be happy to help. Message me any time.

Desperately need help....

If you have an OB/Gyn Coding Companion from Optum Coding, that will be a tremendous help. If not, get one; they're invaluable. Also, ACOG is an excellent resource for coders. Do you use Encoder Pro? that is also very helpful. Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll be happy to help. Message me any time.

My provider did a c-section with a myomectomy on a patient that later that day had to be taken back to the OR for a Ex Lap with/without biopsies and ligation of left uterine artery. My provider only wants to bill the 59025-26, 59510 with 58140. However, I believe that the billing should be 59510, 58140-51, 59025-26, 49002-78-59, 37617-51. Can someone please tell me if the 49002 and 36717 should be billed?
Thank you.