Wiki Help

Best answers
I am trying to code a joint replacement aftercare. I am using z47.1 and z96.651 and RR medicare does not like it. Can anybody recommend a diagnosis code that would work.

Were there any issues with the joint replacement? For example, a patient with a right knee replacement comes in after six months because of pain in the joint.

We would code the following:

M25.561
Z96.651

and the doctor would order an XRAY and/or MRI to make sure there is no loosening or other issue (bone or tendon perhaps)

Peace
@_*
If there was a mechanical defect or other implant issue, then we could use codes from the T section of ICD-10 for the follow up visit.

We do our own xray in the office. There was no loosening and no other problems. He discussed the use of antibiotics for dental appointments and a return check in 5 years.

It is possible that for the followup visits where there is no surgical aftercare being rendered, they are wanting a simple followup code. Have you tried Z09 with the Z96.651?

That is what I decided to use after reading through the guidelines of ICD 10. It was not very specific if Z09 could be used as a 1st listed diagnosis. Thank you so much for your help.