• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

help!!

bsurovick

New
Best answers
here is the scenario...pt was seen by doc in hospital on 2/13, 2/14 and 2/15...pt has surgery on 2/18/08...then returned to OR on 2/25/08...medicare denying dos 2/18/08 as needing modifier b/c it's in a global. pt also had heart surgery. i can't find a modifier for surgery performed by different physician in post op period. any ideas?

Bridget

Lisa Bledsoe

True Blue
Best answers
Can you elaborate on the two surgeries and if they were done by physicians using the same NPI? You may just have to appeal with your supporting documentation.

bsurovick

New
Best answers
Two different surgeons, two different NPI's. He had a heart cath the day before, and the my doc (general surgeon) took him to the OR for gallbladder surgery. i am starting to think i just need to submit with documentation/justification as well!

Bridget