Hemicolectomy w end Ileostomy

R1CPC

Guru
Best answers
How would i code this. The problem that I see is that it doenst look like the terminal ileum was removed. Doc says the ileum was clean and viable the ascending colong was removed, ileostomy was broght out mid abdomen excising a core of skin and subcube fatty tissue incision was made in the anterior rectus sheath. Terminal ileum was brought as as end ileostomy?? Help!!

Take a look at these code(s):
44140 - The physician resects a segment of colon and performs an anastomosis between the remaining ends of colon. The physician makes an abdominal incision. Next, the selected segment of colon is isolated and divided proximally and distally to the remaining colon and removed. The remaining ends of colon are reapproximated with staples or sutures. The incision is closed.

44310 - The physician brings a loop or end of jejunum or ileum through the abdominal wall onto the skin as a stoma. The physician makes an abdominal incision. Next, the selected segment of jejunum or ileum is isolated. A loop or end of the selected segment of bowel is secured through a separate incision on the abdominal wall onto the skin as a stoma. The initial incision is closed. This stoma is created for purposes other than enteral feeding.

I was looking at those codes too but he the ends were not anastamosed..any other suggestions?