Wiki Hi ligation with endoscopic vein harvest

deborahcook4040

Networker
Best answers
I was thrown into CV surgery billing because the regular biller quit, and I have no idea what I'm doing. Please help me.

can I code this as 37700 with 37799 for less than 10 stab phlebectomies? How does one code a vein harvesting? Is that the same as stripping? 37722?

Op report is as follows:
Using endoscopic vein harvesting techniques dissection of the varicose LLE greater saphenous vein was performed to about 6 inches above the medial malleolus and up into the groin. Multiple stab wounds were made to ligate tributaries of this.

An additional transverse incision was made on the medial aspect of the thigh to ligate as deep as possible in deep penetrating branch. A third transverse incision was made in the groin and the high ligation of the GSV was performed at the saphenofemoral junction and closed in 2 layers with 4-0 prolene suture. Clot was expressed from the tunnels and dressing was applied.

I was thrown into CV surgery billing because the regular biller quit, and I have no idea what I'm doing. Please help me.

can I code this as 37700 with 37799 for less than 10 stab phlebectomies? How does one code a vein harvesting? Is that the same as stripping? 37722?

Op report is as follows:
Using endoscopic vein harvesting techniques dissection of the varicose LLE greater saphenous vein was performed to about 6 inches above the medial malleolus and up into the groin. Multiple stab wounds were made to ligate tributaries of this.

An additional transverse incision was made on the medial aspect of the thigh to ligate as deep as possible in deep penetrating branch. A third transverse incision was made in the groin and the high ligation of the GSV was performed at the saphenofemoral junction and closed in 2 layers with 4-0 prolene suture. Clot was expressed from the tunnels and dressing was applied.

Your Endoscopic harvesting of the Saphenous vein is 33508.

I hope this helps :)

I guess I should qualify this by saying this is the Endoscopic vein harvesting code we use on CABG's. As far as your other codes maybe someone else can jump in on this.

Last edited: