Wiki Higher resources for help

aksilvis

Contributor
Best answers
Resources for a coding question that nobody seems to be able to answer? Who can I go to? Is there someone that I can ask? I've posted it on this forum and no responses, so I am assuming no one else knows either. Google isn't any help :)
I am at a loss for what to do. Could someone direct me on what they would do if they were in the same situation?

Is there a national organization for your specialty to whom you can submit questions? Try that. For example, SGO - Society of Gynecologic Oncology - allows providers to submit questions and get coding advice in return. AAPC has the "Ask an AAPC Expert" option under Resources. Not all options are free.

I looked to see if you had an unanswered question that I missed and could help you with. I noticed that you have a recent unanswered post about G0444 and G0442.

Not sure if that's the question you're posting about, but I did see that there is another thread about the same codes. Perhaps your question was answered in that one?

Here's the link: https://www.aapc.com/discuss/threads/billing-g0444-and-g0442-together.171143/

Also, if you use Facebook, there is an official AAPC Certified Members group where people can ask coding questions. The moderators are AAPC staff and you will have to request to join.

Perhaps your question could get an answer there from someone who doesn't come to the forums for whatever reason.

Here are the link and the group description:

The Official Facebook Group for AAPC Certified Members
- This page is only for credentialed AAPC members and is to be used for professional purposes only. Members are encouraged to ask questions related to medical coding, billing, and anything related to the management of the revenue cycle. Those posting about exams, job listing, or anything not related to the above will be warned. Group members failing to adhere to these rules will be removed.