Wiki Hip revision

I think someone told me that 27134-52 would be appropriate for this situation. Not sure where they got their information from, or if it's correct. Not sure if AAOS has addressed this. Hopefully someone out there in coding land will get us the correct answer. ** So after I posted this I did a Google search to see if AAOS has addressed this situation. According to their bulletin from 2005 this would be the correct coding for this situation. Anyone have access to "The Pink Sheet" or a more current AAOS bulletin?

What a coincidence! I was just questioning the same thing. My provider says 27134 I had coded 27138. I don't have access to any of the above. I need supporting documentation :(

Provider revised the femoral head, femoral stem and poly liner. 27138 or 27134-52? Appreciate your thoughts!
What a coincidence! I was just questioning the same thing. My provider says 27134 I had coded 27138. I don't have access to any of the above. I need supporting documentation :(

I agree that it should be 27134-52 but auditors are saying it should be 27138. The revised the ENTIRE femoral component (head, and stem) PLUS the poly liner. To me, this is more than a single component revision. I can't find anything out in cyberspace!

I think someone told me that 27134-52 would be appropriate for this situation. Not sure where they got their information from, or if it's correct. Not sure if AAOS has addressed this. Hopefully someone out there in coding land will get us the correct answer. ** So after I posted this I did a Google search to see if AAOS has addressed this situation. According to their bulletin from 2005 this would be the correct coding for this situation. Anyone have access to "The Pink Sheet" or a more current AAOS bulletin?
I don't have access to the pink sheets. But the link to the October bulletin is in this thread and only references the femoral HEAD and liner.