Wiki HIPAA Question

Melissasuewashburn

Networker
Best answers
I've been put in charge of keeping up our HIPAA paperwork recently - just one more item on my plate.

My question petaines to signed forms. I know that all employees had to and do sign a HIPAA acknowledgement form that shows we understand the practices HIPAA policy. Two of our physicians have students that come in and see patients with the physicians - one for a week only per student and the other for multiple weeks. Should we be collecting a HIPAA acknowledgement form from the students as well?

I've been put in charge of keeping up our HIPAA paperwork recently - just one more item on my plate.

My question petaines to signed forms. I know that all employees had to and do sign a HIPAA acknowledgement form that shows we understand the practices HIPAA policy. Two of our physicians have students that come in and see patients with the physicians - one for a week only per student and the other for multiple weeks. Should we be collecting a HIPAA acknowledgement form from the students as well?
Hi there,
Yes they should receive the same training and sign the form.

Yup, I agree. Compliance is kind of like thinking about what's the worst case scenario here?
If one of the students were to make public your patient's information, you WANT that piece of paper signed where you told them not to do so.