Wiki HIPEC coding

Best answers
Can anyone give me an idea of how to correctly code the intraoperative administration of HIPEC after cytoreduction surgery? MCR will not accept the 96446 code due to place of service 21 (IP). And do I need to add the 77605 code for heating of the chemo?

I know this is a rather old thread, but when there are coding changes, I like to update old threads since many people may reference them, not realizing the information is currently inaccurate. As of 01/01/2024 there is FINALLY a code (actually 2) for HIPEC.
96547 Intraoperative hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) procedure, including separate incision(s) and closure, when performed; first 60 minutes (List separately in addition to code for primary procedure)
96548 Intraoperative hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) procedure, including separate incision(s) and closure, when performed; each additional 30 minutes (List separately in addition to code for primary procedure)
Currently, there are no RVUs attached and pricing is per MAC, which should be interesting!