Wiki HIRING! Veterans Healthcare Administration - FULLY REMOTE

k_

Contributor
Best answers
https://www.usajobs.gov/job/742072800

It will not be answering questions other than to say that I currently work here. I love my job.

Open & closing dates: VERY IMPORTANT
08/08/2023 to 08/24/2023

• Medical Records Technician (MRT) is a government descriptor. This is a CODING job. No billing.
  • CPC-A? Don't be discouraged from applying! The training is extensive, ongoing and superb.
  • There are 5 levels to the coding position. Room for everyone!
  • It's true the hiring process can take several months. Do not give up.
  • Make sure to thoroughly read what is needed for the application. If you leave something off, your application will NOT go forward.
  • Attach all forms required or your application will not go forward!
  • VHA has great benefits. It's a stable job. No being laid off. Once in the system you can move around.
  • It's a terrific opportunity.
We have Medical Record Technician (MRT) Coder (Outpatient) remote opportunities that are available! Please review and share to anyone interested.

Please print the following link(s) and post the announcement for the MRT Coder (Consolidated Coding Unit), GS-0675-4/5/6/7/8 positions to your local website and job boards.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/742072800

This position is located in the VISN 9 Consolidated Coding Unit. MRTs (Coder) are skilled in classifying medical data from patient health records. These coding practitioners analyze and abstract patients' health records, and assign alpha-numeric codes for each diagnosis and procedure. Must possess expertise in International Classification of Diseases (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), and the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS).

We are in need of experienced highly qualified applicants! Come join our TEAM!

I've never applied for a government position before, and in the process it's asking me to fill out a VA 10-2850c form. Would I just download one off the internet, go through it and complete it to be uploaded as well?

Great opportunity for newbie coders, but it's sad that they are requiring that you have the covid vaccination. :rolleyes: