• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

History of reduction mammoplasty

trinity07

Guest
Messages
12
Can anyone help me on this case. I have looked everywhere and only thing I can find close for diagnosis of " history of previous reduction mammoplasty" is V50.1. I do not want to use it as it will not pay and this was not for cosmetic purposes.

Postop Diagnoses:
1. Cervical and thoracic arthralgia ( 719.41), macromastia, ( 611.1), history of previous reduction mammoplasty (???)

Procedure: Secondary bilateral reduction mammoplasty, extended ( 19318 )

Indications: the patient is a 38-year-old multigravida female who underwent initial reduction mammoplasty as a late teenager, early adult, who now has chronic neck, shoulder and back pain, secondary to heavy breasts.

Should I code the "history of reduction" diagnosis and if so what code would I use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Top