Wiki HIT Pro Exam

I am not familiar with the HIT Pro exam however, AHIMA just anounced 6 new certifications all related to HIT. I have been looking into them and they all have a little different edge to them. You should take a look! Also, if you were willing to go back for a 2 yr program, the RHIT is a great crediential to have as well. I thought the course was fantastic and it dove through everything from IT to clinics. Good Luck!

Andrew

I am not familiar with the HIT Pro exam however, AHIMA just anounced 6 new certifications all related to HIT. I have been looking into them and they all have a little different edge to them. You should take a look! Also, if you were willing to go back for a 2 yr program, the RHIT is a great crediential to have as well. I thought the course was fantastic and it dove through everything from IT to clinics. Good Luck!

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. Yes they changed the HIT Pro to the 6 exams you mention. Took me a bit to find on AHIMA website. I will be taking my RHIA next spring as that is my graduating semester. I was lucky enough to get accepted to the ONC funded classes which should allow me to prepare for the 6 exams. Leaning towards PC exam. Looks like you are down the block from me in Melville - I work for CHS. Small world..