Wiki Holter monitor dates

alysenb

Contributor
Best answers
We are having a discussion in our office about which dates are appropriate for Holter monitors. Example is 93225 and 93227. We hook the monitor up and interpret the results. Should we be billing 93225 on the date of hook up and then 93227 on the day we interpret the results? Or should both codes be submitted on the date it was hooked up or the date it was interpreted?

We are having a discussion in our office about which dates are appropriate for Holter monitors. Example is 93225 and 93227. We hook the monitor up and interpret the results. Should we be billing 93225 on the date of hook up and then 93227 on the day we interpret the results? Or should both codes be submitted on the date it was hooked up or the date it was interpreted?
I would do 93225 hook up date and 93227 when the provider did the interpretation.

Hi , you didn't mention who does scanning analysis of the report for this monitor.

If this is done externally, then yes you code for the service done separately as others suggested above.

If it is done at your office , then you need to consider the global code 93224, 93241 or 93245 based on the time monitored.
And this is coded on the day when it is interpreted by the physician.

Hope I am not confusing...Please correct me if I am wrong!