Wiki Home Health Billing

mosmith

Best answers
The physician wanted to know if I can bill for his orders for home health care? What are the requirements? I have a copy of his order for an OT to evaluate and treat for 1 week. How do I bill for this order?

If your physician is the admitting physician for the home health agency then you can bill for the initial certification, care plan oversite and re-certifications. The codes for Medicare are G0180 initial certification, G0179 re-certification and G0181 for the care plan oversite. There are specific rules regarding the record keeping for the care plan oversite. You will need to research that. In short there has to be 15-29 mins of oversite per month for commercial insurances and 30 mins or more of oversite for Medicare. The records for that oversight have to be in your office chart. A note from the physician about the phone contact and the time spent would be an example along with copie of orders signed. The home health documentation for that is not sufficient to be able to bill for care plan oversight. For commercial insurances the codes are 99374-99380. I haven't found a commercial carrier yet that pays for these codes. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Cindy

Last edited: