Wiki Home Health PT/OT/Speech coding

diann

Networker
Best answers
Hi,
I have a question regarding PT, OT, Speech therapy procedure coding for Home Health. Our Medi-Cal HMO is going from local codes to national codes (they are still in the process of figuring out how they are going to do this--I am just trying to be proactive). In all my years of coding, I haven't had to code procedure codes for therapies. We use the G0154 (SN), G0151 (PT), G0152 (OT), G0153 (Speech), and G0155 (MSW) and enter the units. I won't be doing the billing, just the diagnosis coding and TAR submission. The EMR we use had issues even setting up the Medi-Cal HMO (they said they had never heard of such a thing! When I lived in Missouri, where they are based, Missouri was in the process of setting up Medi-cal HMO, but that was a few years ago.) I want to make sure I do it right. Is there a good resource that I can go to? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Diann DoBran CPC, COC

Diann,
Here is a list of codes for Home Health that I got from UHC. Towards the end of the list, there are "T" codes that were set up for State Sponsored plans. They might be using these "T" codes.

Attachments

• UHC_BillingCodeshome-health-care.pdf
    244 KB · Views: 8