Wiki Hospice for professional billing

ncalderon

Contributor
Best answers
When I verify on Medicare website member was enrolled with Hospice but states revoked. Example episode start 9/20/19 and end date 11/20/19 that state Hospice was revoked. Does that mean during the 9/20-11/20 patient was no longer in hospice or is the member enrolled in hospice for this period only?? or If member was enrolled with manage care is it the manage care responsibility if within those dates? Help unclear about the word revoked. Hard to get correct information. If someone that bills Hospice can help me understand I would appreciate it. Thank you

Revoked means they decided they want out of the hospice benefit. I'm thinking the 9/20-11/20 is the benefit period they elected the hospice benefit. During that period the hospice is responsible for all of the patients care for that hospice diagnosis. If it was another diagnosis other than the hospice benefit use modifier GW if not related. GV when related to the hospice diagnosis. I code hospice and palliative so PM me if I can explain further.