Wiki Hospital admission

Best answers
Hi all, I have a question regarding hospital admission and initial hospital care. We have a Dr. that admitted a patient on 1/7/19 and on 1/8/19 billed for initial hospital care. I'm confused I thought the admission was the same as initial hospital care. Can someone help clarify this for me??? Thanks for any help!!!

Yes, the provider should bill the initial visit on the first day of admission as long as he is the admitting provider (per CPT). I'm curious what was coded or billed on 010719, if he billed the initial on 010819?

Michelle

Hospital Admission

Hi, I don't exactly remember the claim with the admission and hospital care. I am a little confused. Would a 99233 be the initial or the admission code or is it the same thing? I appreciate your help! In the mean time I will look for another example.

Thank you,
Colleen

Similiar question

I have a similar question. Doctor sees the patient for the first time and writes short progress note and goes back the next day to do initial consult 99221-99223. I think he shouldn't do this, if he is going to see the patient on the first day, do the work and charge an initial consult. Am I correct?