Wiki Hospital based psychotherapy

lysmith

New
Best answers
I am currently in the process researching the possibility of developing an outpatient psychotherapy department. I am interested to know what can be billed for the facility. For example: Should I bill a treatment room/clinic fee in addition to the professional fees for the Psy. D. Any guidance would be appreciated.

L. Smith

Thanks for your assistance! We will be Hospital based. We have hired a Psy. D, who will be treating patients in an outpatient setting for psychotherapy and other mental disorders that can be treated on an outpatient basis.

L

Then, yes, you can charge for a facility fee. For convenience and compliance, I'd match whatever the pro fees were, as that's a safe and consistent bet. Make sense?

You're only trouble will be on some special services like psych testing and unfortunately, I'm not an expert on what your options would be there.

Good luck to you.

Thank You.
By 'match' do you mean there is a listing somewhere?? I have not been able to locate much guidance in regards to what to bill specifically for the facility portion.

Thanks!!

Lynnette

No, I don't mean a listing; I'm referring to the professional fees the provider will submit for payment. If those are available, they may assist you in determining the facility fee.