jugular veins and transverse and sigmoid sinuses much more prominent
on the right than left. No definite filling defect is seen and flow
is noted within the smaller left transverse and sigmoid sinuses. The
exam is otherwise unremarkable.

Impression: No significant abnormality demonstrated. Asymmetry of the
venous system is noted as described.

***This procedure was done after a MRI of the Brain W/O on a seperate report

Thanks, Lynda

Well, MRA is Magnetic resonance angiography this states MRV Magnetic resonance venography....and he clearly dictates the venous system.
Is it appropriate to code it with MRA or an unlisted 76498? I'm not a fan of using the unlisted code.

Thanks

Angiography is not just arteries it imeans vessels so for an MRV you would code 70544.

Angiography or arteriography is a medical imaging technique used to visualize the inside, or lumen, of blood vessels and organs of the body, with particular interest in the arteries, veins and the heart chambers.

See thats what I thought too but then I read this...
Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) is a group of techniques based on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to image blood vessels. Magnetic resonance angiography is used to generate images of the arteries in order to evaluate them for stenosis (abnormal narrowing), occlusion or aneurysms (vessel wall dilatations, at risk of rupture). MRA is often used to evaluate the arteries of the neck and brain, the thoracic and abdominal aorta, the renal arteries, and the legs (called a "run-off").