Wiki how to bill for breast refills on expanders

roxaneas

New
Best answers
I have been trying to bill for the filling of the fluid for breast expanders and medicare keeps denying it. We are not the physician that did the mastectomy or put in the expanders. However we are filing them for the patient due to the distance they have to travel to get back to the surgeon. It is within the global 90 days. Medciare denied the code stating we needed a different modifier or the modifier was wrong.

I used the E/M code and then used 11951 with a modifier 25. Does anyone know how to bill this. thanks.

I have been trying to bill for the filling of the fluid for breast expanders and medicare keeps denying it. We are not the physician that did the mastectomy or put in the expanders. However we are filing them for the patient due to the distance they have to travel to get back to the surgeon. It is within the global 90 days. Medciare denied the code stating we needed a different modifier or the modifier was wrong.

I used the E/M code and then used 11951 with a modifier 25. Does anyone know how to bill this. thanks.

I don't think a modifier is needed in this case.