Wiki How to bill source patient labs to workers compensation insurance?

alwilder

New
Best answers
I work for an Occupational Health clinic in Illinois and we are trying to figure out how to bill bbp exposure source patient labs to workers comp insurance. These labs were not drawn from the claimant but from the patient whose blood the claimant was exposed to. Does anybody have any information on this? I have called multiple agencies and insurance companies and they have no information on this.

Hi
I' d get doc to order a blood test of CBC 80061 or 80053 or whatever which can give if infection in the body. But have doc do a record on the employee , check vitals explain the nature of compliant and have him or her order the lab test. I d use dx Z01. 89 as first dx code, then link that with dx R78.81 and Y65.8 and end with last dx Z77.1 Ensure the WC company has given you a ID# for the claim linked with injured person and need the date when this occurred. Did it happened in pt. s home or at clinic? Id check the dx Y92 block for place of occurred incident too. Also your doc should be preapproved with the Work Comp company. If pre approve with office of the WC injury ensure use dx code on claim that your doctor gave such as Misadventure with BBP

I hope this data helps you
Lady T:)