Wiki How to code a school visit?

Expert
Best answers
I have a psychologist who is asking about being able to go to the patient's school to meet with staff to discuss patient's issues and to discuss a treatment approach.

I know there is such thing as POS school, but I just am not sure how I would code this service.

90887?? Does this get paid?

I have a psychologist who is asking about being able to go to the patient's school to meet with staff to discuss patient's issues and to discuss a treatment approach.

I know there is such thing as POS school, but I just am not sure how I would code this service.

90887?? Does this get paid?

I would personally check with this pt's insurance plan to see if it is a reimburseable/covered service, prior to the physician doing this service

Just my opinion

thats what we'll have to do. Medicare and MA dont like this, so I am guessing this might not be the easiest situation to deal with.

Thanks,

thats what we'll have to do. Medicare and MA dont like this, so I am guessing this might not be the easiest situation to deal with.

Thanks,

I think your exactly right but alteast this way your physician is covered going in.