Wiki How to code admin of Diazepam rectal gel-tx of cluster seizures? HCPC is for inject

kuribe

New
Best answers
I was wondering if anyone had ever coded HCPC or CPT Diazepam Rectal gel which is used in emergency situations to stop cluster seizures? I found a HCPC, but it was for injectables.

Is there an admin code for this?

I was wondering if anyone had ever coded HCPC or CPT Diazepam Rectal gel which is used in emergency situations to stop cluster seizures? I found a HCPC, but it was for injectables.

Is there an admin code for this?

If you're referring to professional billing, I think it's bundled into the E/M code. On the facility billing side, it would most like be a pharmacy charge for the suppository, with the admin being included in the daily nursing charge.

Kind of strange that HCPCS doesn't list a separate suppository code, eh?

I just did not want to miss out billing a HCPC code for this drug as it is not an average supply. I will let our PFS Director know that there is no CPT code for the administration and to include the service in the E/M code, as in further research I could not find documentation to support anything different than that thought process.
Thank you!