Wiki How To Code ED&C?

tfrick2

Networker
Best answers
Here's the note:

BCC at left chest- ED&C done today. Specimen sent for pathology to confirm diagnosis
- ELECTRODESICCATION AND CURETTAGE (ED&C) PROCEDURE NOTE:
Site: Left chest
Area of lesion prior to curettage: 1.3 x 1.0 cm
Area of curettage: 1.8 x 1.5 cm

The risks and benefits of ED&C and other treatment options were discussed with the patient. Discussed risks of ED&C including scar, bleeding infection, discomfort, slow wound healing, rarely allergic rxn or injury to deeper structures. Consent was obtained. I confirmed that the patient does not have a pacemaker or defibrillator. Sterile preparation with hibiclens was used. 1% Lidocaine with epinephrine, 3 cc total volume was injected sq. Shave biopsy specimen was obtained and sent to SkinPathLab. Then curettage was performed x 3 alternating with electrodesiccation. The procedure was well-tolerated without complication. Vaseline and a dressing were applied. Wound care was reviewed and written instructions were given to the patient.

Thank you for your help!
Tracy

Here's the note:

BCC at left chest- ED&C done today. Specimen sent for pathology to confirm diagnosis
- ELECTRODESICCATION AND CURETTAGE (ED&C) PROCEDURE NOTE:
Site: Left chest
Area of lesion prior to curettage: 1.3 x 1.0 cm
Area of curettage: 1.8 x 1.5 cm

The risks and benefits of ED&C and other treatment options were discussed with the patient. Discussed risks of ED&C including scar, bleeding infection, discomfort, slow wound healing, rarely allergic rxn or injury to deeper structures. Consent was obtained. I confirmed that the patient does not have a pacemaker or defibrillator. Sterile preparation with hibiclens was used. 1% Lidocaine with epinephrine, 3 cc total volume was injected sq. Shave biopsy specimen was obtained and sent to SkinPathLab. Then curettage was performed x 3 alternating with electrodesiccation. The procedure was well-tolerated without complication. Vaseline and a dressing were applied. Wound care was reviewed and written instructions were given to the patient.

Thank you for your help!
Tracy

The code I'm coming up with is 17262, but I'm not sure that's right. I would really appreciate any suggestions you can give me! Thank you!!!